- 💻 Setup
- Installing the Beta Plugin
Installing the Beta Plugin
Photoshop must be installed and up to date.
- For Photoshop 2023, any version should work.
- For Photoshop 2022, ensure you have at least v23.4.0
- For Photoshop 2021, ensure you have at least v22.5.9
Downloading the plugin
You’ll find the download link directly in your Dashboard by following the 3-step guide.
With Creative Cloud
- Simply click on the file you downloaded (e.g.
alpaca-1.5.1_PS23.ccx). This should open Creative Cloud and ask you if want to install the plugin locally.
If nothing happens when you double click on the file, quit Creative Cloud before trying to open the file again.
- Once installed, open Photoshop, and you should see a new tab called ‘alpaca’ with a login screen. You can dock this tab anywhere just like any other Photoshop tab.
If you do not see the tab, in Photoshop, go to Plugins → alpaca and make sure alpaca is checked.
Without Creative Cloud
- Unzip (e.g.
alpaca-1.5.1_PS23.zip), you should now have a alpaca folder (with a version number in the name)
- Move the alpaca folder in your Photoshop plugin directory
- On MacOS, the plugin folder is located under Applications → Adobe Photoshop 2022 → Plug-ins
- On Windows, the plugin folder should be under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2022\Plug-ins
- Open Photoshop (if it was already open, restart it), in the menu, under Plugins you should now see alpaca. Enable it by clicking on alpaca → alpaca. Going back into Photoshop, you should now see an alpaca tab, you can move it or dock it anywhere and start using alpaca.